When it comes to optimum health and vitality, good nutrition and regular physical activity are essential part of a healthy lifestyle. You probably have heard that “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison“.
Eating highly-dense superfoods and regular physical activity are keys to a good physical, mental and oral health. Keep in mind that diet and exercise work together and are more effective when you eat a healthy balanced diet and exercise on a regular basis.
People who cannot find time for recreation and eating healthy will sooner or later have to find time for illness:
It’s important to have a balanced diet and eat smaller food portions regularly throughout the day and cut down simple carbohydrates and starchy foods (such as potatoes, white rice and bread). Walking is one of the best exercises you should perform on a daily basis.
What you eat matters and exercising on a daily basis even matters more. Here are the top recommendations if you want to live a healthy and happy life:
- Include lean meats or wild fish in your diet. Limit your meat and processed meat consumption and stop frying, grilling or cooking food in high temperatures
- Add complex carbohydrates found in wholegrain pasta, wild rice, brown rice or sweet potatoes to your diet
- Add fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet on a daily basis
- Cut down sugary sweets and desserts that have sugar, additives and preservative.
- Drink 3 liters of water per day
- Cut down alcohol consumption
- Walking is one of the best regular exercises on a daily basis